I wish there was more awareness for men who are survivors of abuse, and living with ptsd and/or mental illness. I hardly hear it talked about amongst men. It's a shame.

 I wish there was more awareness for men who are survivors of abuse, and living with ptsd and/or mental illness. I hardly hear it talked about amongst men. It's a shame.



I was 7 years old, when our next door neighbor started sexually abusing me. He was the father of 2 boys, that my brother and I would play with, so we were over their house a lot. His sons and my brother would usually end up going outside to play, or take off on their bikes, and my neighbor would keep me in his bedroom, and do the most vile things to me. It started with him just touching me, and making me touch him, but it didn't take long before it got much worse. This went on for years, until they ended up moving away. The happy, outgoing little boy that I used to be, was gone. Incidentally, not long after they moved, I began being severely bullied at school. Verbally, physically and psychologically. After a few months, I decided I needed to tell someone about the neighbor. I told my older brother, and I still remember him laughing it off and saying I was making it up, and that he would never do something like that. After that, I pretty much stopped talking. I shut down for a long time. I disassociated as best I could from the torment I was getting at school, and though I didn't know what it was at the time, from the ptsd I clearly had. 

      I had just turned 18, when I was r@ped at knifepoint, be 3 men, who were at a house party that I was at. I was too afraid to go to the hospital or tell anybody, so I ended up going home and dealing with it my own way. I started drinking heavily, and using other substances. At 23, I started taking pills and I became a full blown addict. I attempted suic*de twice, before I was 24. I have been clean and sober now, since 2019, and have been going to trauma therapy since 2022. My wounds are nowhere near healed, but I am trying to work on myself everyday. I try my best to not be pessimistic or cynical, but that's not easy. At 41 years old, I feel as if I've lived 100 years already, and that it's too late to enjoy life. However, I try my best to enjoy what I can, a day at a time. I don't know what tomorrow will be like, but today I'm alive, and today things are ok. Men are twice as likely to never speak up or get the help they need, because society believes a majority of this sort of abuse only happens to women. But I am proof, that it doesn't. #TellSomebody


You can help a child protect themselves from abusers, by gifting them a FREE Tell Somebody book! 📚 gofundme.com/GiveAFreeBook


Child abusers, please stop and seek therapy and God. 

Parents, talk with and believe your children. ❤️ 

Survivors, seek therapy. 💪🏽

(To share your story of abuse, message me)

www.TellSomebodyToday.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Adopted the Girl Everyone Blamed for My Daughter's Disappearance – 10 Years Later, She Faced Me and Said, "Everything You Know About That Night Is a Lie"

GIRLS HELP GIRLS DIVORCE OR DIE FULL MOVIE

My Wife and 3 Daughters Vanished – 12 Years Later, My Son Called Me to Our Basement and Said, “I Found a Disc That Mom Left Before She Disappeared”