Donald Trump Calls Ex-Prince Andrew's Arrest “a Very Sad Thing” and “So Bad for the Royal Family”

Donald Trump Calls Ex-Prince Andrew's Arrest “a Very Sad Thing” and “So Bad for the Royal Family”


President Donald Trump called the arrest of former Prince Andrew a “very sad thing” after he was taken into police custody on Thursday, Feb. 19.


“I think it's a shame. I think it's very sad,” Trump, 79, said when asked about Andrew's arrest. “I think it's so bad for the royal family. It's very, very sad. To me, it's a very sad thing.”



Trump also said King Charles was coming to the United States “very soon,” calling the monarch a “fantastic man.” There has been speculation that King Charles will travel for a state visit this spring.


The Arrest


At 8 a.m. local time on Feb. 19 — his 66th birthday — the former Duke of York, now known as Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, was arrested at the royal family’s Sandringham Estate in Norfolk, England.


He is being investigated on suspicion of misconduct in public office. Authorities are reportedly assessing allegations that he shared confidential information with the late Jeffrey Epstein while serving as the U.K.'s special representative for international trade and investment between 2001 and 2011.


Andrew has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing in his ties to Epstein.


Approximately 11 hours after his arrest, Andrew was released from Aylsham Police Station in Norfolk. Thames Valley Police confirmed that a “man in his sixties from Norfolk” had been released under investigation.


Police also stated that searches in Norfolk had concluded, while searches in Berkshire — where Andrew’s former residence, Royal Lodge, is located — were still ongoing.


King Charles Responds


Hours after the arrest, King Charles issued a statement through Buckingham Palace:


> “I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office. What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities.


In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation. Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.”




Royal commentator Russell Myers described the situation as “gravely serious,” not only for Andrew but for the monarchy as a whole. He noted that questions would likely arise about whether the institution had any role in protecting or overlooking alleged misconduct.


Broader Context


Andrew is not the only prominent figure whose name has been linked to Jeffrey Epstein. Trump’s past friendship with the late financier has also faced scrutiny. Following public pressure, the U.S. Department of Justice released large batches of files related to Epstein.


A New York Times review reportedly found more than 5,300 files referencing Trump and related terms. Trump has denied any wrongdoing in connection to Epstein.


Additionally, the anti-monarchy group Republic previously filed a complaint against Andrew for suspected misconduct in public office and breach of official secrets. The group alleged that emails between Andrew and Epstein showed that Andrew shared confidential documents during his time as the U.K.’s trade envoy.


The investigation remains ongoing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIRLS HELP GIRLS DIVORCE OR DIE FULL MOVIE

Days Before Our Wedding, My Fiancé Went on a 'Closure Vacation' with His Ex

Chilling New Footage Captures the Last Known Moments Before Nancy Guthrie Vanished