Nancy Guthrie kidnapping probe may see resources scaled back as leads come up empty: Sources
Nancy Guthrie kidnapping probe may see resources scaled back as leads come up empty: Sources The lack of recent progress in the probe into Savannah Guthrie's mother's kidnapping may mean that investigators soon scale back their resources, sources with knowledge of the case told ABC News Friday. Nearly three weeks after Nancy Guthrie vanished, investigators are finding their best leads are so far coming up empty. Partial DNA recovered at the home is, for the moment, unidentified; technology companies and the FBI have recovered no additional video from her home security system; and investigators have been unable to associate a vehicle with her abduction, law enforcement sources told ABC News. Right now, there are 400 investigators assigned to the case operating 24/7, the sheriff's department has said. Given the seemingly sluggish progress, investigators believe the case would soon have to move into a new phase with fewer dedicated resources but a small ta...